Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Mom is on her 8th day of radiation, side effects are showing. She has a raspy voice and feels like there is a whole egg in her throat. The doctor says there is no lump in her throat, it is just a sensation. So, needless to say she cannot eat any solids because her gag reflexes pushes it back up. Thank god for those stupid protein shakes in which she is living on. Another side effect is she has an inflamed esophagus and stomach, also a predictable side affect. She has a constant upset stomach, also living on "Tums". They say that when the radiation is complete these symptoms will go away within two weeks. The chemo was moved to start this Friday morning. Very apprehensive. I am happy that I will be able to be home for the "day after" which is supposed to be the worst. Of course being my stubborn mom, she doesn't want me around to see her sick but I feel better knowing I will be here in case she needs me. I believe Sharon has set the auction for September 15th at Local Color. We splurged and bought a cheap recliner that vibrates where her back pain is, hopefully this will let her get some real sleep.

I will update all soon. Thank You again.

No comments:

Post a Comment